Historical Places of Naples
Il Maschio Angioino
Castel Nuovo, better known as Maschio Angioino, is a historic, medieval and Renaissance castle, and one of the symbols of the city of Naples.
The castle dominates the spectacular Piazza Municipio and is home of the Neapolitan Society of the country's history and of the Naples Committee of the Institute for the History of the Italian Risorgimento, housed in the premises of SNSP.
In the complex it is also located the museum, which pertain to the palace chapel and the museum exhibitions of the first and second floor.
the Castel dell'Ovo (castrum Ovi, in Latin), is the oldest castle of the city of Naples  and is one of the elements that most stand out in the famous view of the gulf. It is located between the districts of San Fernando and Chiaia, opposite the Mergellina area. Its name comes from an ancient legend that the Roman poet Virgil - that in medieval times it was also considered a magician - hid in the dungeons of the building an egg that kept standing the whole fortress. Its failure would have caused not only the collapse of the castle, but also a series of ruinous disasters to the city of Naples.
During the fourteenth century, in the time of Joan I, the castle suffered extensive damage due to the partial collapse of the arch on which is resting and, to prevent it from spreading among the population panic about allegations future disasters that could hit the town , the queen had to swear that he had replaced the egg.
Teatro San Carlo
The San Carlo Theatre, former Real Teatro di San Carlo, often cited as the Teatro San Carlo, is an opera house in Naples, as well as one of the most famous and prestigious in the world.
It is the oldest opera house in Europe and the world still active,  having been founded in 1737 and one of the most capacious Italian theaters of the peninsula.   Can accommodate more than two thousand spectators  and has a wide audience (22 × 28 × 23 m), five tiers of boxes arranged in iron horse plus a large royal box, a gallery and a stage (34 × 33 m) .   Given its size, structure and antiquity has been the model for future theaters of Europe.
The facilities are located in the port area, close to the Federico II, and Piazza della Borsa, the nerve center of university life and history of the city. Are inserted in a context comparable to an open-air museum, accessible to all, to visit and just enjoy walking in an area slightly extended, its streets full of historical evidence. In addition the facilities, are right next to Beverello from where all the excursions also by the Angevin Booking staff organized for the enchanting islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida and the Amalfi Coast.
The Royal Palace of Naples is one of the four residences used by the Royal House of Bourbon of Naples during the Two Sicilies; the other three are the Capodimonte palace located to the north of the Old Town, the palace of Caserta and the Royal Palace of Portici the slopes of Vesuvius.
Of considerable size, the palace overlooking the majestic monumental area of Piazza del Plebiscito and surrounded by other important and impressive buildings such as the Salerno Palace, the Basilica of St. Francis of Paola and the Prefecture.
Throughout its history, the building became the residence of the Spanish viceroy, and then those Austrians and, later, of the Bourbon kings. After the unification of Italy was appointed Neapolitan residence of the House of Savoy sovereigns.
Real Orto Botanico
Founded December 28, 1807 by decree of Joseph Bonaparte, the botanical garden was built on some land previously belonged to the Santa Maria Religious Peace and the Hospital of Cava. In fact, the project was initially endorsed by King Ferdinand IV, but the Neapolitan Revolution of 1799 made it impossible to carry out.
The project was carried out by two architects. The first, Giuliano de Fazio, is the author of the monumental façade of the avenue perpendicular to it, the temperate stove, and the avenue leading to the castle. The lower part is by Gaspare Maria Paoletti.